Manual Section... (3) - page: XSetDeviceMode
NAMEXSetDeviceMode - change the mode of a device
SYNTAXXSetDeviceMode(display, device, mode)
- Specifies the connection to the X server.
- Specifies the device whose mode is to be changed.
- Specifies the mode. You can pass Absolute , or Relative.
DESCRIPTIONThe XSetDeviceMode request changes the mode of an input device that is capable of reporting either absolute positional information or relative motion information. Not all input devices are capable of reporting motion data, and not all are capable of changing modes from Absolute to Relative.
- An invalid device was specified. The specified device does not exist or has not been opened by this client via XOpenInputDevice. This error may also occur if some other client has caused the specified device to become the X keyboard or X pointer device via the XChangeKeyboardDevice or XChangePointerDevice requests.
- This error may occur if an XSetDeviceMode request is made specifying a device that has no valuators and reports no axes of motion.
- An invalid mode was specified. This error will also be returned if the specified device is not capable of supporting the XSetDeviceMode request.
Programming with Xlib
This document was created by man2html, using the manual pages.
Time: 15:27:31 GMT, June 11, 2010