Manual Section... (3) - page: XDrawImageString
NAMEXDrawImageString, XDrawImageString16 - draw image text
- int XDrawImageString(Display *display, Drawable d, GC gc, int x, int y, char *string, int length);
- int XDrawImageString16(Display *display, Drawable d, GC gc, int x, int y, XChar2b *string, int length);
- Specifies the drawable.
- Specifies the connection to the X server.
- Specifies the GC.
- Specifies the number of characters in the string argument.
Specifies the character string.
- Specify the x and y coordinates, which are relative to the origin of the specified drawable and define the origin of the first character.
DESCRIPTIONThe XDrawImageString16 function is similar to XDrawImageString except that it uses 2-byte or 16-bit characters. Both functions also use both the foreground and background pixels of the GC in the destination.
The effect is first to fill a destination rectangle with the background pixel defined in the GC and then to paint the text with the foreground pixel. The upper-left corner of the filled rectangle is at:
[x, y - font-ascent]
The width is:
The height is:
font-ascent + font-descent
The overall-width, font-ascent, and font-descent are as would be returned by XQueryTextExtents using gc and string. The function and fill-style defined in the GC are ignored for these functions. The effective function is GXcopy, and the effective fill-style is FillSolid.
For fonts defined with 2-byte matrix indexing and used with XDrawImageString, each byte is used as a byte2 with a byte1 of zero.
Both functions use these GC components: plane-mask, foreground, background, font, subwindow-mode, clip-x-origin, clip-y-origin, and clip-mask.
- A value for a Drawable argument does not name a defined Window or Pixmap.
- A value for a GContext argument does not name a defined GContext.
- An InputOnly window is used as a Drawable.
- Some argument or pair of arguments has the correct type and range but fails to match in some other way required by the request.
SEE ALSOXDrawString(3X11), XDrawText(3X11), XLoadFont(3X11), XTextExtents(3X11)
Xlib - C Language X Interface
This document was created by man2html, using the manual pages.
Time: 15:27:28 GMT, June 11, 2010