Manual Section... (8) - page: vgcfgrestore
NAMEvgcfgrestore - restore volume group descriptor area
SYNOPSISvgcfgrestore [-d|--debug] [-f|--file filename] [-l[l]|--list] [-h|--help] [-M|--Metadatatype1|2] [-t|--test] [-v|--verbose] VolumeGroupName
DESCRIPTIONvgcfgrestore allows you to restore the metadata of VolumeGroupName from a text backup file produced by vgcfgbackup. You can specify a backup file with --file. If no backup file is specified, the most recent one is used. Use --list for a list of the available backup and archive files of VolumeGroupName.
- -l | --list --- List files pertaining to VolumeGroupName
- List metadata backup and archive files pertaining to VolumeGroupName. May be used with the -f option. Does not restore VolumeGroupName.
- -f | --file filename --- Name of LVM metadata backup file
- Specifies a metadata backup or archive file to be used for restoring VolumeGroupName. Often this file has been created with vgcfgbackup.
- See lvm for common options.
REPLACING PHYSICAL VOLUMESvgdisplay --partial --verbose will show you the UUIDs and sizes of any PVs that are no longer present. If a PV in the VG is lost and you wish to substitute another of the same size, use pvcreate --restorefile filename --uuid uuid (plus additional arguments as appropriate) to initialise it with the same UUID as the missing PV. Repeat for all other missing PVs in the VG. Then use vgcfgrestore --file filename to restore the volume group's metadata.
SEE ALSOlvm(8), vgcreate(8)
This document was created by man2html, using the manual pages.
Time: 15:28:10 GMT, June 11, 2010