Manual Section... (8) - page: filefrag
NAMEfilefrag - report on file fragmentation
SYNOPSISfilefrag [ -Bbsvx ] [ files... ]
DESCRIPTIONfilefrag reports on how badly fragmented a particular file might be. It makes allowances for indirect blocks for ext2 and ext3 filesystems, but can be used on files for any filesystem.
- Force the use of the older FIBMAP ioctl instead of the FIEMAP ioctl for testing purposes.
- Use 1024 byte blocksize for the output.
- Sync the file before requesting the mapping.
- Be verbose when checking for file fragmentation.
- Display mapping of extended attributes.
AUTHORfilefrag was written by Theodore Ts'o <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
This document was created by man2html, using the manual pages.
Time: 15:28:02 GMT, June 11, 2010