Manual Section... (7) - page: gnome-options
NAMEgnome-options - Standard Command Line Options for GNOME 2 Programs
SYNOPSISprogram [standard options] [specific options] arguments
DESCRIPTIONThis manual page describes the command line options, which are common to all Gnome applications.
- -?, --help
- Show the application's help message.
- Display a brief usage message.
- Show the application's version information.
Bonobo Activation support
- File descriptor to print IOR on
- IID to activate
- Prevent registering of server with OAF
GNOME library options
- Disable sound server usage
- Enable sound server usage
- Host:port on which the esd sound server to use is running. This is useful if you simultaneously run programs on several machines.
GNOME GUI options
- Disable the crash dialog, which is normally shown when the application segfaults.
Session management options
- Specify session management ID. Only used by the session manager itself while restarting the application.
- Specify prefix of saved configuration.
- Disable connection to session manager.
- Dynamic modules to load
For most GNOME programs there will be additional command line options, which are specific to the program. These will be explained in the Application options section of the --help output and in the application's online help.
AUTHORThis manual page was written by Jochen Voss <email@example.com>. A first version was generated with the help of the help2man program. The program's output was manually edited later.
- SEE ALSO
This document was created by man2html, using the manual pages.
Time: 15:27:58 GMT, June 11, 2010