Manual Section... (1) - page: tomboy
NAMEtomboy - A simple note-taking application for Gnome
SYNOPSIStomboy [OPTION] ...
DESCRIPTIONThis manual page documents briefly the tomboy command.
Tomboy is a desktop note-taking application for Linux and Unix. Simple and easy to use, but with potential to help you organize the ideas and information you deal with every day.
Tomboy's usefulness lies in the ability to relate notes and ideas together, using a WikiWiki-like linking system.
When run without any options, the Tomboy note menu appears in the Gnome Panel's notification tray area. Selecting a note from the menu displays the note's spatial window.
Changes to notes are saved automatically. Links to URLs, files, and other notes are detected as you type. Rich editing such as highlighting, bold, italics, undo/redo, and variable font sizes are supported.
Global keybindings exist to allow fast access to Tomboy notes and dialogs. These keybindings are set in GConf (see below) and may be activated from any application.
OPTIONSThe program follows the usual GNU command line syntax, with options starting with two dashes (`--'). A summary of options are included below.
- Create and display a new note.
- --new-note TITLE
- Create and display a new note with the title given.
- --open-note TITLE/URL
- Display the existing note matching TITLE or URL.
- Display the "Start Here" note.
- --highlight-search TEXT
- Search and highlight TEXT in the opened note.
Show summary of options.
Show version of program.
GCONF SETTINGSTomboy has several preference settings stored in GConf. Changes to Settings are applied instantly to any running Tomboy instance. A summary of the GConf settings and their purpose are described below.
- Global X keybinding for displaying the "Start Here" note. The default keybinding is <Alt>F11.
- Global X keybinding for displaying the Tomboy applet's note menu. The default keybinding is <Alt>F12.
- Global X keybinding for creating and displaying a new note.
- Global X keybinding for opening the recent changes dialog.
Global X keybinding for opening the note search dialog.
BUGSPlease send bug reports to the Tomboy mailing list (firstname.lastname@example.org) or enter them in the Gnome Bugzilla bug tracker (http://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=Tomboy).
AUTHORAlex Graveley <email@example.com>
This manual page was originally written by Luca Capello <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
This document was created by man2html, using the manual pages.
Time: 15:26:21 GMT, June 11, 2010