Manual Section... (1) - page: readlink
NAMEreadlink - display value of a symbolic link
SYNOPSISreadlink [OPTION]... FILE
Display value of a symbolic link on standard output.
- -f, --canonicalize
- canonicalize by following every symlink in every component of the given name recursively; all but the last component must exist
- -e, --canonicalize-existing
- canonicalize by following every symlink in every component of the given name recursively, all components must exist
- -m, --canonicalize-missing
- canonicalize by following every symlink in every component of the given name recursively, without requirements on components existence
- -n, --no-newline
- do not output the trailing newline
- -s, --silent
- suppress most error messages
- -v, --verbose
- report error messages
- display this help and exit
- output version information and exit
AUTHORWritten by Dmitry V. Levin.
REPORTING BUGSReport readlink bugs to email@example.com
GNU coreutils home page: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/>
General help using GNU software: <http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/>
COPYRIGHTCopyright © 2009 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>.
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
The full documentation for readlink is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and readlink programs are properly installed at your site, the command
- info coreutils 'readlink invocation'
should give you access to the complete manual.
This document was created by man2html, using the manual pages.
Time: 15:25:59 GMT, June 11, 2010