Manual Section... (1) - page: metacity
NAMEMETACITY - minimal GTK2 Window Manager
SYNOPSISmetacity [--display=DISPLAY] [--replace] [--sm-client-id=ID] [--sm-disable] [--sm-save-file=FILENAME] [--version] [--help]
DESCRIPTIONThis manual page documents briefly metacity.
metacity is a minimal X window manager aimed at nontechnical users and is designed to integrate well with the GNOME desktop. metacity lacks some features that may be expected by traditional UNIX or other technical users; these users may want to investigate other available window managers for use with GNOME or standalone.
- Connect to X display DISPLAY.
- a window manager which is running is replaced by metacity. Users are encouraged to change the GNOME window manager by running the new WM with the --replace or -replace option, and subsequently saving the session.
- Specify a session management ID.
- Disable the session management.
- Load a session from FILENAME.
- Print the version number.
- -?, --help
- Show summary of options.
CONFIGURATIONmetacity configuration can be found under Preferences->Windows and Preferences->Keyboard Shortcuts on the menu-panel. Advanced configuration can be achieved directly through gconf editing (gconf-editor or gconftool-2).
AUTHORThe original manual page was written by Thom May <firstname.lastname@example.org>. It was updated by Akira TAGOH <email@example.com> for the Debian GNU/Linux system (with permission to use by others), and then updated by Luke Morton and Philip O'Brien for inclusion in metacity.
This document was created by man2html, using the manual pages.
Time: 15:26:15 GMT, June 11, 2010