Manual Section... (1) - page: manconv
NAMEmanconv - convert manual page from one encoding to another
SYNOPSISmanconv -f from-code[:from-code...] -t to-code [-dqhV] [filename]
DESCRIPTIONmanconv converts a manual page from one encoding to another, like iconv. Unlike iconv, it can try multiple possible input encodings in sequence. This is useful for manual pages installed in directories without an explicit encoding declaration, since they may be in UTF-8 or in a legacy character set.
If an encoding declaration is found on the first line of the manual page, that declaration overrides any input encodings specified on manconv's command line. Encoding declarations have the following form:
'\" -*- coding: UTF-8 -*-
or (if manual page preprocessors are also to be declared):
'\" t -*- coding: ISO-8859-1 -*-
- -f encodings, --from-code encodings
- Try each of encodings (a colon-separated list) in sequence as the input encoding.
- -t encoding, --to-code encoding
- Convert the manual page to encoding.
- -q, --quiet
- Do not issue error messages when the page cannot be converted.
- -d, --debug
- Print debugging information.
- -h, --help
- Print a help message and exit.
- -V, --version
- Display version information.
SEE ALSOman(1), iconv(1).
Colin Watson (firstname.lastname@example.org).
This document was created by man2html, using the manual pages.
Time: 15:25:56 GMT, June 11, 2010