Manual Section... (1) - page: id
NAMEid - print real and effective user and group IDs
SYNOPSISid [OPTION]... [USERNAME]
Print user and group information for the specified USERNAME, or (when USERNAME omitted) for the current user.
- ignore, for compatibility with other versions
- -Z, --context
- print only the security context of the current user
- -g, --group
- print only the effective group ID
- -G, --groups
- print all group IDs
- -n, --name
- print a name instead of a number, for -ugG
- -r, --real
- print the real ID instead of the effective ID, with -ugG
- -u, --user
- print only the effective user ID
- display this help and exit
- output version information and exit
AUTHORWritten by Arnold Robbins and David MacKenzie.
REPORTING BUGSReport id bugs to email@example.com
GNU coreutils home page: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/>
General help using GNU software: <http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/>
COPYRIGHTCopyright © 2009 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>.
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
SEE ALSOThe full documentation for id is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and id programs are properly installed at your site, the command
- info coreutils 'id invocation'
should give you access to the complete manual.
This document was created by man2html, using the manual pages.
Time: 15:25:51 GMT, June 11, 2010