Manual Section... (1) - page: gnome-dictionary
NAMEgnome-dictionary - Look up words on dictionaries
DESCRIPTIONGNOME Dictionary provides dictionary definitions of words, using a dictionary source.
For full documentation see the GNOME Dictionary online help.
- --look-up word
- Looks up the specified word using the pre-defined dictionary source.
- -s source or --source source
- Uses the specified source for looking up words. This does not affect the global settings.
- -l or --list-sources
- Lists all the sources available.
- -n or --no-window
- Using this switch with the --look-up will print the definitions found on the console without launching the GUI.
- Display help information.
CONFIGURATIONAll the configuration is handled using GConf.
AUTHORGNOME Dictionary was originally written by Spiros Papadimitriou (<email@example.com>), Mike Hughes (<firstname.lastname@example.org>) and Bradford Hovinen (<email@example.com>).
Emmanuele Bassi (<firstname.lastname@example.org>) rewrote it from scratch.
This manual page was originally written by Jochen Voss <email@example.com>.
SEE ALSOdict(1), dictd(8), http://www.dict.org/, RFC 2229
This document was created by man2html, using the manual pages.
Time: 15:26:11 GMT, June 11, 2010