Manual Section... (1) - page: echo
NAMEecho - display a line of text
SYNOPSISecho [SHORT-OPTION]... [STRING]...
Echo the STRING(s) to standard output.
- do not output the trailing newline
- enable interpretation of backslash escapes
- disable interpretation of backslash escapes (default)
- display this help and exit
- output version information and exit
If -e is in effect, the following sequences are recognized:
- the character whose ASCII code is NNN (octal)
- alert (BEL)
- produce no further output
- form feed
- new line
- carriage return
- horizontal tab
- vertical tab
AUTHORWritten by Brian Fox and Chet Ramey.
REPORTING BUGSReport echo bugs to firstname.lastname@example.org
GNU coreutils home page: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/>
General help using GNU software: <http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/>
COPYRIGHTCopyright © 2009 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>.
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
SEE ALSOThe full documentation for echo is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and echo programs are properly installed at your site, the command
- info coreutils 'echo invocation'
should give you access to the complete manual.
This document was created by man2html, using the manual pages.
Time: 15:25:50 GMT, June 11, 2010