Manual Section... (1) - page: dpkg-vendor
NAMEdpkg-vendor - queries information about distribution vendors
SYNOPSISdpkg-vendor [option...] command
DESCRIPTIONdpkg-vendor is a tool to query information about vendors listed in /etc/dpkg/origins. /etc/dpkg/origins/default contains information about the current vendor.
- --is vendor
- Exits with 0 if the current vendor is vendor. Otherwise exits with non-zero.
- --derives-from vendor
- Exits with 0 if the current vendor distribution is a derivative of vendor, otherwise exits with non-zero. It uses the "Parent" field to browse all ancestors of the current vendor.
- --query field
- Print on standard output the value of the vendor-specific field for the current vendor.
- Show the usage message and exit.
- Show the version and exit.
- --vendor vendor
- Assumes the current vendor is vendor instead of discovering it with the DEB_VENDOR environment variable or /etc/dpkg/origins/default.
- This setting defines the current vendor. If not set, it will discover the current vendor by reading /etc/dpkg/origins/default.
AUTHORCopyright © 2009 Raphaël Hertzog
This is free software; see the GNU General Public Licence version 2 or later for copying conditions. There is NO WARRANTY.
This document was created by man2html, using the manual pages.
Time: 15:26:08 GMT, June 11, 2010