Manual Section... (1) - page: comm
NAMEcomm - compare two sorted files line by line
SYNOPSIScomm [OPTION]... FILE1 FILE2
Compare sorted files FILE1 and FILE2 line by line.
With no options, produce three-column output. Column one contains lines unique to FILE1, column two contains lines unique to FILE2, and column three contains lines common to both files.
- suppress lines unique to FILE1
- suppress lines unique to FILE2
- suppress lines that appear in both files
- check that the input is correctly sorted, even if all input lines are pairable
- do not check that the input is correctly sorted
- separate columns with STR
- display this help and exit
- output version information and exit
AUTHORWritten by Richard M. Stallman and David MacKenzie.
REPORTING BUGSReport comm bugs to firstname.lastname@example.org
GNU coreutils home page: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/>
General help using GNU software: <http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/>
COPYRIGHTCopyright © 2009 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>.
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
SEE ALSOThe full documentation for comm is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and comm programs are properly installed at your site, the command
- info coreutils 'comm invocation'
should give you access to the complete manual.
This document was created by man2html, using the manual pages.
Time: 15:25:49 GMT, June 11, 2010