Manual Section... (5) - page: pulse-client.conf
NAMEpulse-client.conf - PulseAudio client configuration file
DESCRIPTIONThe PulseAudio client library reads configuration directives from a file ~/.pulse/client.conf on startup and when that file doesn't exist from /etc/pulse/client.conf.
The configuration file is a simple collection of variable declarations. If the configuration file parser encounters either ; or # it ignores the rest of the line until its end.
- default-sink= The default sink to connect to. If specified overwrites the setting in the daemon. The environment variable $PULSE_SINK however takes precedence.
- default-source= The default source to connect to. If specified overwrites the setting in the daemon. The environment variable $PULSE_SOURCE however takes precedence.
- default-server= The default sever to connect to. The environment variable $PULSE_SERVER takes precedence.
- autospawn= Autospawn a PulseAudio daemon when needed. Takes a boolean value, defaults to "yes".
- daemon-binary= Path to the PulseAudio daemon to run when autospawning. Defaults to a path configured at compile time.
- extra-arguments= Extra arguments to pass to the PulseAudio daemon when autospawning. Defaults to --log-target=syslog
- cookie-file= Specify the path to the PulseAudio authentication cookie. Defaults to ~/.pulse-cookie.
- enable-shm= Enable data transfer via POSIX shared memory. Takes a boolean argument, defaults to yes.
- shm-size-bytes= Sets the shared memory segment size for clients, in bytes. If left unspecified or is set to 0 it will default to some system-specific default, usually 64 MiB. Please note that usually there is no need to change this value, unless you are running an OS kernel that does not do memory overcommit.
AUTHORSThe PulseAudio Developers <mzchyfrnhqvb (at) 0pointer (dot) net>; PulseAudio is available from http://pulseaudio.org/
SEE ALSOpulse-daemon.conf(5), pulseaudio(1)
This document was created by man2html, using the manual pages.
Time: 15:27:49 GMT, June 11, 2010